We are always looking for talented and engaged people to join our staff. Job opportunities will be listed below when they are available.
Assistant Head of Youth Services
The Indian Prairie Public Library District is seeking a forward-thinking and engaging leader to join our team as Assistant Head of Youth Services. We provide a dynamic, supportive team environment, valuing staff members’ initiative and contributions.
Our community depends upon the Indian Prairie Public Library District as a vital and trusted resource for achieving personal goals and enhancing quality of life. With a welcoming environment and state-of-the-art services, the library is an essential center of learning, inspiration, and community pride.
The successful candidate will:
• Be passionate about library services with innovative ideas and a readiness to learn.
• Be a highly-motivated professional possessing a vision for the future, demonstrated leadership and communication skills, and experience in meeting the challenges of today’s public library.
• Join the Department Head in leading the department and the library as we develop services, conduct long-range planning, and integrate user experience practices into the management of the library.
• Be a strong advocate and role model for providing excellent customer service.
• Lead a talented staff of Youth Services Pages, fostering teamwork and inspiring staff to be their best.
• Act as the youth technology specialist by developing technology collections and programming for kids and teens.
• Have experience and interest in STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) related activities such as robotics, 3D printing, coding, computer programming, music and video creation, design, computer animation, etc.
• Manage and develop a new makerspace in the Kids & Teens Department, facilitating fun and engaging learning opportunities for our patrons.
Qualifications include Master of Library Science degree from an ALA accredited school. Two years of public library experience with emphasis on working with youth and technology or equivalent.
The salary is $49,297.00+ DOQ and includes IMRF pension plan, health insurance, life and disability insurance, and paid holidays, vacation, sick and personal time. The position works 37.5 hours/week including days, evenings and weekends.
A complete job description is available here and at the Checkout Desk on the first floor of the library.
Indian Prairie Public Library District is an equal opportunity employer. We are located in Darien Illinois serving 42,000 residents in the communities of Darien, Willowbrook and Burr Ridge. For further information about this position and the library visit www.ippl.info