Tips, information, reading lists and more for IPPL area teachers.
Youth Services staff can provide programming for preschools, scouts and other service groups, school groups, parent groups or teachers. Bring your group to the library for:
- Story time in our Story Time Room
- Library Tours
- In-house bibliographic instruction and research - Lessons on how to find resources, build information literacy, use databases and more.
Or let us come to you for:
- Booktalks - Quick chats on new titles or books on a specific theme
- Computer and Bibliographic instruction - guiding students through the research process
- Story Time - our storytellers visit your class to enhance your curriculum.
Contact Sarah Joynt, Senior Youth Services Librarian at sarahj @ ippl.info or by calling 630-887-8760 ext. 261 for more information or to book a program. Teachers should contact School Liaison Judy Cochran at 630-887-8760 ext. 271 or judyc @ ippl.info to schedule a school visit to the library or to have a librarian visit your school. Please note that two weeks notice is requried to schedule outreach programming for your group.
Special collections just for teachers!
Big Books - Large-format books, and Cozy Corner kits perfect for at-home or classroom storytelling.
ELL - Multimedia collection for English Language Learners.
Kreative Krates - Themed multimedia kits contain books, finger puppets and other age-appropriate materials to extend your preschool classroom experience.
Parent/Teacher Collection - books, magazines and DVDs covering a variety of education and parenting topics.