Whether you need a space to meet and collaborate as a group, to study or work on your own, or to hold a large meeting, the library has a room for you.
Reserving a room for yourself or a small group
- IPPL cardholders may reserve one room at a time for up to two hours and up to one month in advance
- IPPL cardholders can book ahead online (requires IPPL library card number and PIN) or by calling 630/887-8760 ext. 239 or 264.
- Walk-ins are welcome. Stop by an Ask Us Desk to check availability.
- Manage (cancel or edit) your reservations.
- Don't have a PIN or forgot it? Create or reset your PIN (requires email address on file) or contact the library.
- Room furnishings:
- Room 101: 1 table, 8 chairs, whiteboard, and a flat screen display
- Room 102: 1 table, 6 chairs, whiteboard, and a flat screen display
- Room 201: 1 table, 6 chairs, whiteboard, and a flat screen display
- Room 202: 2 tables, 8 chairs, whiteboard, and a flat screen display
- Conference Rooms Policy
Board Room & Meeting Room
What can the room be used for?
- The Meeting Room and Board Room are available for educational, informational, cultural, and civic functions of the Indian Prairie Public Library community.
- Rooms are booked in this priority: programs or meetings sponsored or co-sponsored by the library; library-related meetings and programs, including Friends of the Library, the Indian Prairie Public Library Foundation, and library organizations such as LACONI and RAILS; local governments serving the district; local community groups and organizations, both non-profit and ad-hoc, with members who have an Indian Prairie Public Library card in good standing; businesses located within the Indian Prairie Public Library District; and Indian Prairie Public Library cardholders with a card in good standing participating in or conducting recitals.
- Except for library, Friends of the Library, or Library Foundation programs, the spaces may not be reserved for social gatherings such as receptions, showers, birthday parties, etc.; or for fundraising or money-making purposes, such as bake sales; or presentations of products or services.
Is there a charge for using the rooms?
- There is no fee for library organizations, community organizations, and local governments using the Meeting Room or Board Room.
- There is a fee of $25.00 per hour, which must be paid at the time of application, for recitals and businesses.
What is available in each room?
- Board Room: seats 10 around a conference table and can accommodate up to 14 in the room, and has a flat screen display.
- Meeting Room: seats up to 100 auditorium-style or 48 seated at tables (organizations are responsible for setting up the space); has a sound sound system, projector and screen, wireless microphone, DVD player, presenter stand, and mini-kitchen with sink and refrigerator.
How do I reserve the Board Room & Meeting Room?
- IPPL cardholders may reserve a room three months in advance.
- IPPL cardholders can book ahead online (requires IPPL library card number and PIN) or call 630/887-8760 ext. 245.
- Meetings are held during regular library hours with rooms cleared at least 15 minutes before closing time. Setup and cleanup are to be accomplished during regular library hours.
- Meeting Room and Board Room Policy