Contactless, curbside service for IPPL cardholders is available!
Here's how the service works.
When your holds are ready, we will check them out.
Once you receive this email, you can pick up your materials during our curbside pickup hours. No appointment needed. Hours for curbside are:
Monday-Thursday: 10 a.m.- 7 p.m.; Friday: No curbside service. Library closed.; Saturday: 10 a.m.- 5 p.m.; and Sunday: 1-5 p.m.
You have FOUR days after you receive the email to get your materials.
When you arrive at the library (after you get your notification your materials are ready), pull into one of the designated spots on the west side of the building.
6. Send a text to the number on the sign: 630/822-9030.
7. The system will prompt you to text your name/parking spot number.
8. You'll receive a text to confirm we are grabbing your materials for delivery to your trunk. Give us a few minutes- we'll be out with your materials.
9. We ask that you stay in your car while we are getting your items. We’ll then bring your items out and place them in your trunk and close it. You can also ask the staff member to place your items on the ground next to your car. Once the staff member steps away, you may exit your car to pick them up.
10. All of the items will already be checked out and you will have a receipt with the due dates. Most items are checked out for three weeks; please check your receipt for your due dates.
Note: If you don't have a smartphone, you can either call the library (instructions are on the sign) or come into the library. Someone can assist you with getting your curbside bag.
You can order materials by placing holds on items in our catalog. Not sure how to do that? Contact us, and we’ll do it for you. Not sure what titles you want? Contact us. We'd love to chat with you and create a personalized selection of materials for you and your family to enjoy.
Contactless Pickup FAQs
How do I place holds?
You can place holds on items in the library catalog via our website, using the library’s app and using the SWAN app (download from the App or Play Store). If you need to reset your PIN here is information on how to do that.
If you’d like us to place the hold
- call us at 630/887-8760,
- use our chat at ippl.info
Our outside book drops are open 24/7.
For items that don't fit inside the book drops, the hours are the same as library hours.
The external bookdrops are open 24/7. The internal bookdrops are open during library hours. Larger items that won't fit in the bookdrops can be returned to a bin inside the library during regular hours. Staff can't accept the return of materials.
Note: We are holding items in quarantine for seven days before checking in. During that time, your account will show that the items are accruing fines. Don't worry! Once the items are checked in you will not be charged any fines that accrued during the quarantine period.
Returning Materials FAQs
What happens to items once they are returned?
We’re quarantining returned materials for 7 days based on studies recently completed in the REALM Project’s research study of how long the COVID-19 virus lives on library materials. During that time, your account will show that the items are accruing fines. Don't worry! Once the items are checked in you will not be charged any fines that accrued during the quarantine period.