Pick-Ups & Returns
Our drive-up window is now open! No more phone calls/texts and waiting in the parking lot—just drive up to the window. Learn more about how the new window was installed.
- The new drive-up window is located on the west side of the building, next to the outdoor book returns.
- The drive-up window is open during library hours.
- You may need to wait a few minutes to pick up your materials, both the book return and drive-up window use the same lane.
- Please note that large or heavy items cannot be picked up through the window.
- You must stay in your car to use the drive-up window.
- Masks are required to pick up materials at the window.
Pick-ups & Holds FAQ
How do I place holds?
You can place holds on items in the library catalog via our website, using the library’s app and using the SWAN app (download from the App or Play Store). If you need to reset your PIN here is information on how to do that.
If you’d like us to place the hold
- call us at 630/887-8760,
- use our chat at ippl.info
The external book returns are open 24/7. The internal book returns are open during library hours. Larger items that won't fit in the book returns can be returned to a bin inside the library during regular hours. Staff can't accept the return of materials.
Note: We are holding items in quarantine for three days before checking in. During that time, your account will show that the items are accruing fines. Don't worry! Once the items are checked in you will not be charged any fines that accrued during the quarantine period.
Returning Materials FAQ
What happens to items once they are returned?
We’re quarantining returned materials for 3 days based on studies recently completed in the REALM Project’s research study of how long the COVID-19 virus lives on library materials. During that time, your account will show that the items are accruing fines. Don't worry! Once the items are checked in you will not be charged any fines that accrued during the quarantine period.