Classes & Programs
In-person, in library classes are back. Classes are held in our large meeting room. The tables are cleaned prior to the class. Workstations are spread apart and limited to six people. Face masks are required and social distancing will be maintained during these programs. IPPL cardholders only. Registration is required.
Classes are held via Zoom, a free online video meeting software. Learn how to join a Zoom program for the first time by watching this step by step tutorial on registering for and joining a library Zoom program.
- LinkedIn Basics - Learn how to use the social networking site LinkedIn to connect with other professionals, find jobs, and keep on top of business news. Monday, September 14, 6:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Microsoft Word - Ask an Expert - Join this Zoom meeting to get your Microsoft Word questions answered by a librarian. If possible, join the meeting with the computer that you have Word installed on so you can share your screen and explain your question fully. There is no structured instruction for this meeting - so please bring your questions.
See all upcoming technology classes and programs
- lynda.com from LinkedIn Learning offers thousands of video tutorials taught by industry experts. Topics cover Microsoft Office (Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Word), and 3D printing and design.
- Niche Academy - Online video instruction for using our eLibrary collections, research databases, and technology.
- Computer Basics
- Google - Access all of these free web-based programs with a Google e-mail account, Gmail.
- Google Docs - A word processing application. With Google Docs, you can create, share, and edit documents in your web browser.
- Google Sheets - A program for creating and editing spreadsheets. With Google Sheets, you can create, share, and edit spreadsheets in your web browser.
- Google Slides - A program for creating and editing presentations. With Google Slides, you can create, share, edit, and present slideshows in your web browser.
- Google Drive - A cloud storage service wiith up to 15 GB of space for free, you can store photos, documents, videos, and more in just a few clicks.
- Google Photos - An online storage service that allows you to save, organize, and share all your favorite photographs.
- Google Forms - Create free online surveys, polls, and quizzes. With Google Forms, you can create, edit, personalize, and share surveys in your web browser.
- Pinterest - A social network that allows users to share and discover ideas, interests, recipes, style and DIY guides, and more.
- Twitter - A social media site that lets you interact with other Twitter accounts via “tweets”. For the latest information, follow news outlets, politicians, chefs, athletes, artists, or even your local weather service.
Learn Free offers free self-paced tutorials to help with technology.
Handouts & Resources
Computer & Tablet Basics
- Windows 10 - Presentation, Keyboard, Mouse, Shortcut Keys, and books on Windows 10
- Email Basics - Email Terms, Attachments
- Internet Basics - Presentation, Internet Terms, and Books on the Internet
- iPad/iPhone Basics- App Guide, iPad Quick Reference Guide, and books on iPhone & iPad
- Samsung Galaxy/Android Basics - Quick Reference Guide, App Guide, and books on Samsung and Android
Microsoft Office 2016
- Excel Formulas & Functions - Handout, and books on Excel
- Excel Sort & Filter - Handout, and books on Excel
- PowerPoint Introduction and Books on PowerPoint
- Word Introduction and Books on Word