Borrow Devices (Tech Takeout)
For students to business people and for kids to seniors, we offer technology for all ages and interests to explore and learn. Tech takeout is a collection of technology devices you can borrow with your IPPL card. The devices range from laptops to a virtual reality headset and from everyday use devices to trending and emerging technologies.
Device Spotlight: GoPro Camera
The library has circulated GoPro cameras since 2016. We recently replaced the old camera with a new GoPro Hero 8 with better durability and image quality and is waterproof up to 10 m/33 ft. Use it to take still shots, capture HD and 4K videos and take live-action adventure vacation videos or spend a day in the life of your pet.
Everyday Use Technology
- Chromebook Laptops - Use your Google account to perform a variety of tasks and mirror your Chromebook or Android device to a television or presentation screen with a Chromecast
- iPad - Take photos, read ebooks, listen to music, and download apps
- Projector (LCD) and 50-inch tabletop screen or 80-inch floor screen
- Windows 10 laptops with Wi-Fi Hotspot with Microsoft Office 2016
- Wi-Fi Hotspot - Access the Internet
Trending & Emerging Technologies
Streaming devices and online content to watch live and on-demand TV continues to grow as people cut cable TV. Try out a device or service:
- SlingTV Blue- Save money on cable bills with live TV streaming service Sling Blue and an indoor HD antenna.
- Apple TV - Stream content or mirror your Chromebook or Android device to a television.
- Chromecast - Perform a variety of tasks using the Google Chrome browser on this laptop
- Rokus - Access these streaming services: AcornTV, Amazon Prime, Apple TV+, CBS All Access, Disney+, Hallmark Movies Now, Hulu, HBO Max, Netflix, and Showtime.
Virtual Reality (VR) & Gaming
VR is a simulated experience that can be similar to, or completely different from, the real world. VR is a fascinating way to travel using nothing more than the power of technology. With a headset and motion tracking, VR lets you look around a virtual space as if you're actually there. Gaming is very trending for all ages and is very popular at IPPL. Check out our popular gaming collection and gaming systems.
Console Systems & Games
- Nintendo NES Classic - Preloaded Nintendo gaming system with 30 games and 2 controllers
- Nintendo SNES Classic - Preloaded Super Nintendo gaming system with 21 games and 2 controllers
- Nintendo Switch Gaming Console - Comes with Super Mario Odyssey and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.
- Playstation 4 Gaming Console - Comes with Overcooked 2 and Spider-Man
- Xbox One S Gaming Console - Comes with Minecraft, Overcooked 2, and Halo 5: Guardians
- Console Games - Nintendo Switch, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 4, Xbox and Xbox One
From turning on your lights to controlling household devices from your smartphone, these smart assistants can be a time and money saver. Try a smart home personal assistant with a smart plug and LED smart bulb. Donated by the IPPL Foundation & Friends.
Photos, Video & More
Taking photos and video, continues to be a trend as smartphones and other devices are portable and have more features. Capture your next best photo, live-action video or podcasts.
- Camera - Take professional headshots and vacation photos/videos with Canon Rebel DSLR camera with microphone and tripod
- GoPro Hero 8 Waterproof Camera - Take live-action videos; great for vacations
- Microphone - A Yeti professional-quality microphone for voice-overs, podcasts, and interviews.
Digital Conversion Equipment
Converting your pictures, slides, video, and audio to a digital format is very popular at IPPL for preserving your family history to share for future generations. Create things with digital files such as a family history video or putting someone's face on a coffee mug or ornament.
- Cassette to MP3 Converter - Transfer audio cassette tapes to MP3 files
- Vinyl to MP3 Converter - The converter runs in real-time. For example, a 2-hour VHS takes 2 hours to transfer
Photos, Slides & Negatives
- Wolverine F2DMighty 20 MP 7-in-1 film to digital image converter. Converts 35mm (photo and archive), 127, 126, 110 slides/negatives, regular 8mm, and Super 8 movies, and convert them into digital JPEG images (does not transfer video)
- Wolverine 20 Megapixels digital image converter (SNaP-20MP) converts 35 mm film, slides, and photos up to 5x7. The Wolverine SNaP features a built-in color screen, internal memory, and memory card reader to convert 35mm film and photos into digital images without a computer.
- VHS to DVD - Transfer VHS tapes to DVD. The converter runs in real-time
- Video Tapes to Digital File - Converts VHS, 8 mm and other videotapes to a digital file. This device requires a VHS player or camcorder and television hook-up
- MovieMaker Pro- fully automated digitizer to convert old 8mm and Super 8 movie reels into digital videos (no sound)
- Stand-alone machine, no computer, no software or drivers are required
- Scans and directly saves digital movies into SD/SDHC cards (32GB max, included)
- Converts 8 and Super 8 movies into MPEG-4 (MP4) digital movie files at 1080P
- Supports up to 9" reels (4" & 7" take-up reels included)
- Playback to TV's using the included TV Cable