Most items may be renewed twice unless there is a hold on the item.
- All books except for new fiction and Hot Picks
- Kids & Teens DVDs & Blu-Rays
- Adult nonfiction
- TV shows except for new
- Music CDs and audiobooks
- Preloaded eReaders and iPods
Members may request a 6-week vacation loan on 3-week items upon checkout.
- All new materials except for adult feature movies & kids DVDs & Blu-Rays
- Adult non-feature films (DVD/Blu-Ray)
- Kids & teens kits
- Board & console games
- Library of Things
- Adult feature movies & new kids & teens (DVDs & Blu-Rays)
- Hot Picks books (not renewable)
- New console games
- Rokus & Family Rokus (On-Demand Streaming Services)
- Hot Picks movies - DVD/Blu-Ray (not renewable)
Overdue Fines & Charges
Indian Prairie Public Library does not charge daily overdue fines for most items returned late. This includes books, DVDs, CDs, and magazines.
The exceptions are:
- Console Games
- Hot Picks
- LeapPad Tablets
- Library of Things
These items have an overdue fine of $1 per day.
We still encourage you to return your items on time so that others may use them. Please note that your card will be blocked under the following circumstances:
- Once an item is 14 days overdue, your card will be blocked from checking out other materials until the item is returned or renewed.
- Remember, some items still have an overdue fine. Once a total of $5 in fines and fees, of any type, is reached the library card will be blocked until the fines/fees are paid.
- If materials are lost or damaged, you are still responsible for replacement and processing costs. Your card is blocked until those costs are paid.
Find out more with this FAQ.
- You can pay online through your library account or at the Guest Services Desk.
- We accept cash, checks, and credit cards (Visa, Discover, and MasterCard)
We offer three ways to receive your hold and overdue notices:
- Automated phone call
Text is the only option you can opt-in or out of in your account. If you would like to change your preference, you can call the library at 630/887-8760.
We send overdue notice at 7 days and 21 days overdue. Once an item is 42 days overdue you will be billed for replacement and processing costs.
I returned an item last night, and it still shows on my record. Why?
During busy times, it may take a day or two (or longer after holiday closings) to check-in items. However, we are very careful to make sure the system reflects the actual date the item was returned.
Why does my record say an item is still checked out, and I owe money when I returned it?
If an item has not been checked in, the system will show the projected fine. Once the item is checked in, the system will show the date it was returned.
Can I borrow items without my library card?
A patron may use an ID with their current address to check out materials. Over the phone, patron information will not be given out without the patron's library card number and full name.
I think I returned an item, but it is still checked out to me. What do I do?
Call the library immediately at 630/887-8760 to let us know. We will check the shelves to see if the item is there. If we don't find it, we will check again and ask you to check again. We will work with you to resolve any problems.